We’ve built the bowl right into the recipe with this delicious tikka masala eggplant. This dish is a play on our original stuffed eggplant dish, Melanzane Ripiene, and we’ve filled it with chickpeas and a store-bought simmer sauce for bold flavor with incredibly quick prep. After the slow cook, top these stuffed curry eggplants with a creamy Greek yogurt drizzle and fresh cilantro for a cool, bright finish.
Tikka Masala Stuffed Eggplant
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup tikka masala simmer sauce
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus extra for serving
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 pieces of naan, for serving
1) Stem eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh from eggplant and finely chop, leaving the skin and about ¼” flesh attached.
2) Transfer chopped eggplant, 3 cloves garlic, and ½ yellow onion to a Suvie pan and drizzle with olive oil. Insert pan into your Suvie and broil for 15-20 minutes, or until softened.
3) In a medium bowl, stir together the chopped eggplant mixture, ¾ cup simmer sauce, ½ cup chickpeas, ¼ cup cilantro, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and 1 egg. Divide mixture between both eggplants and then place each eggplant in a Suvie pan. Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
4) While eggplants are cooking, combine ¼ yogurt with 2 tbsp milk in a small bowl.
5) Remove eggplants from your Suvie and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with yogurt sauce, garnish with extra cilantro, and serve with warmed naan.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 383, Total Fat 15.9g, Total Carbohydrates 49.5g, Total Sodium 1129.3mg, Total Protein 11.7g