Tamales are a Mesoamerican dish consisting of a soft corn dough that surrounds a flavorful filling wrapped in corn husk. Our tamales are packed with rich shredded turkey, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, onion, and just a touch of cayenne for a flavorful filling the whole family will love. The tamales are served with a medley of black beans, corn, and bell peppers with our tangy tomatillo sauce on the side for dipping and drizzling.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 180°F for 30 minutes for 2 servings, 30 minutes for 4 servings
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 180°F for 30 minutes for 2 servings, 30 minutes for 4 servings
Select YES from frozen.
Turkey Tamales with Southwest Rice and Tomatillo Sauce
- 10 oz white rice
- 8 oz southwest vegetable mix
- 9.5 oz turkey tamales
- 6 oz tomatillo sauce
1) Open white rice and add to a Suvie pan. Open southwest vegetable mix and add on top of rice. Season with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 salt and freshly ground pepper (For 4-servings, use 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt).
2) Do not open the tamale and tomatillo packages! Place tamale and tomatillo sauce packages into a Suvie pan and cover completely with water.
3) Load white rice and southwest vegetables into the top zone of Suvie and tamales and tomatillo sauce into the bottom zone. Input settings and cook now. Alternatively, you can store or schedule the meal in the Suvie (please be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen).
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 180°F for 30 minutes for 2 servings, 40 minutes for 4 servings
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 180°F for 30 minutes for 2 servings, 40 minutes for 4 servings
4) When cook is complete, carefully remove pan (it will be hot!) with tamales from Suvie. Remove tamales from packaging and divide between plates. Mix white rice and southwest vegetables together and divide between plates. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with tomatillo sauce on the side.
Nutritional Information per serving (2-4 servings per recipe): Calories 680, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 90g, Total Sodium 1470mg, Total Protein 22g.