Show off your salad skills when you make this recipe with vitamin boosting ancient grains, sweet roasted apple, and lean protein-packed chicken. Dress it all up with decadent toppings including blue cheese, figs, and pecans. Use the Cook Now option on your Suvie for an elegant lunch or choose to Schedule for Later for a lighter and still filling dinner option.
Warm Chicken, Farro, and Roasted Apple Salad
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 cup farro
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, packed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup dried figs, sliced
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles
1) Season chicken breast with 1 tbsp olive oil, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Vacuum seal chicken and place in a Suvie pan. Fill pan with water and load into the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) In a second Suvie pan, stir together chopped apple, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/8 tsp salt. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Enter cook settings and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
3) Place farro in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot in the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Farro, 1 cup, 27 minutes
4) After the cook, remove chicken and apples from Suvie. Pat chicken and pan dry, return chicken to pan and return to Suvie (if using Suvie 3.0, we recommend elevating the chicken on the roasting rack for best results). Pour off any excess water from apples and return pan to Suvie. Broil chicken and apples for 7-12 minutes or until apples are fragrant and chicken is lightly golden brown.
5) During the broil, whisk together red wine vinegar, honey, and 2 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl. Dress salad greens with mixture. Add ½ cup of blue cheese, ½ cup of pecans, and ½ cup of dried fig slices; toss to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) After the broil, remove chicken and apples from Suvie. Add apples and farro to salad mixture, and slice chicken into bite-size pieces. Divide salad between plates and top with chicken slices. Garnish with remaining blue cheese, pecans, and figs.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 630, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 50g, Total Sodium 377mg, Total Protein 46g