Tangy tamarind paste and citrusy yuzu ponzu flavor these incredibly juicy chicken drumsticks. Sweet honey and fresh grated aromatics are added to the marinade for a balanced and umami-rich sauce that’s perfect for serving over the chicken. To prepare the baby bok choy for roasting, quarter each head lengthwise and gently spread the leaves open under running water to remove any excess dirt.
Yuzu and Tamarind Drumstick with Roasted Baby Bok Choy
- 3 tbsp yuzu ponzu
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 6 skin on, bone-in chicken drumsticks
- 2 heads baby bok choy, quartered
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
1) In a large bowl, stir together 3 tbsp yuzu ponzu, 1 tsp tamarind paste, 1 tsp honey, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp ginger, ⅛ tsp salt, and ⅛ tsp ground black pepper.
2) Add 6 chicken drumsticks to the bowl, and coat the chicken in the yuzu mixture. Arrange drumsticks in a Suvie pan, place pan in the top zone of Suvie.
3) Add 2 heads baby bok choy to another Suvie pan, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now. After 20 minutes, flip drumsticks over, return pan to Suvie, and continue to cook.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 40 minutes
4) After cooking, broil drumsticks for 8-10 minutes or until skin is golden brown.
5) After broiling, remove pans from Suvie. Distribute chicken and baby bok choy between plates, stir sauce, and spoon over chicken. Garnish with ¼ cup scallions.
Nutritional Information per serving (3 servings per recipe): Calories 395, Total Fat 20.7g, Total Carbohydrates 7.9g, Total Sodium 817.9mg, Total Protein 45.5g