Filled with heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, this simple breakfast will get your day started off on the right foot. We’ve topped these avocado bowls with our breakfast sandwich favorites, but feel free to change it up and create your own classic. We recommend chopping add-ins or using smaller ingredients like chopped cherry tomatoes or green onions.
Avocado Egg Cups
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half and pit removed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
1) Using a spoon, scoop out about 1 tbsp from center of each avocado half. Place avocados in Suvie pan and load into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 30 minutes
2) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie. Place prosciutto around the hole in the avocado and crack egg into hole. Return pan to Suvie and broil 5 minutes, until egg white is set.
3) After the broil, remove pan from Suvie. Divide cheese between avocados and broil 5 – 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
4) Remove pan from Suvie. To serve, divide avocados between plates and top with red pepper flakes.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 289, Total Fat 22.8g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 746.2mg, Total Protein 18g