This smoky yet creamy chicken salad is a twist on more traditional chicken salad recipes thanks to ample amounts of barbecue sauce. We add a dash of apple cider vinegar to store bought barbecue sauce to perk it up and slather it on boneless skinless chicken breasts that are roasted until perfectly juicy and tender. Serve your BBQ chicken salad on potato rolls, in lettuce cups, or over mixed greens for an easy lunch or dinner.
BBQ Chicken Salad
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅔ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 12 large Bibb lettuce leaves or 6 potato rolls, to serve
1) Whisk 1 cup barbecue sauce and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar together in a Suvie pan. Season 2 lbs chicken breasts with 1 tsp kosher salt and then transfer to the pan, turning to coat in BBQ sauce. Transfer pan to the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) After the chicken has finished cooking, transfer to a large bowl, saving remaining barbecue sauce in the Suvie pan. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.
3) Stir ⅔ cup red onion, ½ cup mayonnaise, and reserved barbecue sauce into the shredded chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 1 hour. Once cooled, divide chicken salad between lettuce cups or rolls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving without bun (6 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 10g, Total Sodium 580mg, Total Protein 32g.