This warm and comforting meal is a classic dish that we love anytime of year, but especially when the weather starts to get cold. Suvie’s sirloin steaks are stewed with hearty vegetables in a rich broth for a flavorful and filling dish. If you’re serving more than two people or would like leftovers, this recipe can easily be doubled. Follow the recipe as instructed, but divide between two Suvie pans. Serve your beef stew with warm dinner rolls or crusty bread to round out this delicious meal.
- 10 oz sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef or chicken stock
- 12 oz russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
1) Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the sirloin steak and cook for 2 minutes until browned.
Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a Suvie pan.
2) Add the carrots, celery, onion, and 1 tsp salt to the Dutch oven. Cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
3) Stir in the flour until vegetables are fully coated. Slowly stir in red wine and bring to a boil. Add beef stock, turn heat to high, and return to a boil.
4) Add potatoes to pan with beef followed by the stew, ensuring potatoes are fully submerged. Transfer pan to the top of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 2 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
5) Remove pan from Suvie and stir in peas. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 530, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 49g, Total Sodium 1610mg, Total Protein 39g