We’re swapping tortillas for hearty and nutritious peppers in this delicious family-friendly dish. A blend of spiced (but not spicy) beef, cheese, beans, and corn are mixed together and then stuffed into bell peppers before slow cooking for 3 hours. If you would like to schedule this meal, but don’t want to wait for the broiler to cool before refrigerating, saute all the ingredients in Step 2 in a small skillet over medium heat for 8 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.
Beef Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 3 large bell peppers, orange, yellow or red
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 12 oz ground beef, 85% lean
- 6 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded, and divided
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1) Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and scoop out the ribs and seeds. Set aside.
2) In a Suvie pan, stir together 1 chopped onion, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes, or until softened and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
3) Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl with 1 can drained black beans, 1 cup corn kernels, 12 oz ground beef, 4 oz shredded cheese, 1 tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Mix together until incorporated.
4) Stuff mixture into prepared peppers, mounding up filling as needed. Pour ¼ cup water into the bottom of the pan and then arrange bell pepper halves in the pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 3 hours
5) Remove pan from Suvie and sprinkle remaining cheese over the stuffed peppers. Return pan to Suvie and broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned. Remove from Suvie, sprinkle with 2 tbsp cilantro and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 22g, Total Sodium 660mg, Total Protein 23g.