With a few fun toppings you can take basic boxed brownies from good to great. We’ve provided four recipes in one so you can make peppermint brownies, toasted marshmallow brownies, dulce de leche brownies, and peanut butter cup brownies all at the same time. The ingredient amounts listed below are enough to make the recipe as depicted, but this recipe is entirely customizable: omit any items below or sub in different nuts and toppings based on your preferences.
Better Boxed Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, plus additional ingredients needed to prepare
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup toasted, chopped nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts
1) Spray two Suvie pans with cooking spray.
Prepare brownie mix according to recipe on the box.
2) Divide batter evenly between prepared pans and insert into top of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 1 hour and 15 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Top one pan with mini marshmallows and candy cane pieces. With a teaspoon measure, make shallow indentations in the top of the other brownies. Fill indentations with chilled sweetened condensed milk and creamy peanut butter.
4) Return pans to your Suvie and broil for 4-6 minutes, rotating halfway through, until marshmallows are toasted and other toppings are soft (watch closely as this step goes fast!)
5) Remove pans from Suvie and sprinkle toasted nuts over the peanut butter and/or sweetened condensed milk brownies, pressing gently to adhere.
Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing. They will seem underdone at first, but will set as they cool.
Nutritional Information per serving (16 servings per recipe): Calories 290, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 33g, Total Sodium 170mg, Total Protein 3g