Create some culinary drama with this deep, dark blackberry sauce over juicy pork tenderloin and tender brussel sprouts. The pork tenderloin is seasoned simply to showcase the complex flavors in the sauce, which consists of juicy blackberries, fresh thyme, aged balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar. Add some crusty bread or brown rice to this meal to soak up all of the delicious sauce.
Blackberry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts
- 12 oz blackberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
1) In a large bowl, gently fold together 12 oz blackberries, 2 tbsp light brown sugar, 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar, and 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves. Pour berry mixture into a Suvie pan.
2) Pat 1 lb pork tenderloin dry with paper towels. Rub 2 tsp olive oil over the tenderloin and season liberally with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place tenderloin on a Suvie roasting rack and place the rack in the same pan as the blackberry mix. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
3) Add 1 lb brussel sprouts to a Suvie pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Insert pan in the top zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now. Stir brussel sprouts halfway through cooking.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 30 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie and transfer pork to a cutting board. Allow pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into medallions. Lightly smash blackberry mixture in the pan with a fork and stir to combine.
5) In a large bowl, gently fold together roasted brussel sprouts, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, and 2 tbsp honey. Return brussel sprouts to pan and broil 7-10 minutes, until fragrant and browned.
6) To serve, divide pork medallions and brussel sprouts between plates. Top with blackberry sauce.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 295, Total Fat 4.6g, Total Carbohydrates 32.7g, Total Sodium 337.7mg, Total Protein 28.5g