Our new Braised Chicken Tacos are the ultimate family meal. It starts with melt-in-your-mouth tender chicken, braised for hours in our vibrant tomatillo sauce. Then, layer the saucy meat over soft flour tortillas with bell peppers, onions, and mozzarella cheese. Taco’bout delicious.
Braised Chicken Tacos
- 1 package chicken thighs
- 2 packages flour tortillas
- 2 packages tomatillo sauce
- 1 package peppers & onions
- 2 packages mozzarella cheese
1) Prep and Loading
Place both packets of tomatillo sauce in a bowl of hot water to thaw for 2-3 minutes.
Put the packages of flour tortillas and shredded mozzarella in the fridge to thaw. Cut open the package of chicken thighs and place in a Suvie pan. Gently tap the package of peppers and onions against the counter to break up, then open the package and pour on top of the chicken thighs.
2) Prep and Loading
Cut open one thawed packet of tomatillo sauce and pour over the chicken thighs. Return the other package to the fridge until it’s time to plate your meal. Place the chicken in the Bottom Zone of Suvie, leave the Top Zone empty. Input settings and cook now or schedule. Be sure to select “Yes” when asked if cooking from frozen.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
3) When the chicken is done cooking, remove the tortillas from their packaging and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place tortillas in a Suvie pan and put in the Top Zone of Suvie. Leave the chicken thighs in the Bottom Zone. Confirm the 10 minute broil time and broil the chicken and tortillas.
4) After the broil, remove both pans from Suvie. Use two forks to shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Divide the tortillas evenly between plates: 3 per person. Top each tortilla with chicken, the remaining packet of tomatillo sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 670, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 46g, Total Sodium 1540mg, Total Protein 53g.