Dig into these Tex-Mex enchiladas for a fiesta-inspired breakfast! This meal will wake you up with a tangy salsa verde and promises to keep you fueled throughout the morning with protein packed beans and sausage. The eggs here are an optional addition after the cook, so feel free to crack more on top before the broil or nix them entirely.
- 1 lb pre-cooked breakfast sausage crumbles
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) jar mild salsa verde
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
1) In a large bowl, combine sausage, refried beans, green chilies, and cheese with a spatula.
2) Spread ¼ cup salsa on the bottom of two Suvie pans.
3) Lay one flour tortilla flat on a cutting board and spread 1 tbsp sour cream over the tortilla. Add 3 tbsp sausage mixture in a line on the tortilla.
Roll tortilla around mixture and place seam-side down in Suvie pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4) Top each pan of enchiladas with ¾ cup salsa. Transfer pans to upper cooking zones of Suvie. Load empty starch pan into bottom right cooking zone. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 1 hour
Starch: 0 minutes
5) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie and crack 3 eggs into each pan on top of the enchiladas.
Return pans to Suvie and broil 10 minutes each.
6) After the broil, divide enchiladas and eggs between plates. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 835, Total Fat 45.8g, Total Carbohydrates 60.9g, Total Sodium 2239.9mg, Total Protein 29.8g