Get the heart-healthy benefits of fiber-rich oats packaged in a delectable chocolatey breakfast. A double dose of cocoa powder and chocolate chips ensures rich chocolate flavor in every bite. To make this dish vegan, swap 2 eggs for 2 tbsp chia seeds, opt for non-dairy milk, and go with coconut oil instead of butter. No matter which way you make it, it’s sure to be a delicious start to your day.
Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs or 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups milk, any type
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup dark or milk chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups oats, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt, and 2 tbsp cocoa powder.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 large eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 ½ cups milk, ¼ cup butter, and ¼ cup light brown sugar. Pour the milk mixture over the oats and stir to combine.
3) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. Transfer oatmeal mixture to the prepared pan, spreading into an even layer. Scatter ½ cup chocolate chips over the oatmeal, pressing lightly to adhere. Transfer pan to the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes (For Suvie 2.0, bake at 400°F for 50 minutes)
Top Zone: None
4) Remove from Suvie, cut into squares and serve warm.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 390, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 45g, Total Sodium 260mg, Total Protein 9g.