These buttery scones are packed with savory flavor to get your day started right. A blend of crisp bacon, creamy cheddar cheese, and fragrant chives deliver tons of flavor in every bite. To save time and effort, these scones are pressed into the pan and cut before baking, saving you the trouble of having to pre portion each scone.
Cheddar Bacon and Chive Scones
- ¼ cup chopped bacon, from about 3 slices
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, frozen and grated
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1) Place ½ cup chopped bacon in Suvie pan, place in the bottom zone of Suvie, and broil for 12 minutes, or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
2) In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, ½ tsp salt, 2 ½ tsp baking powder, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Add 1 stick grated butter and use your hands to mix together until crumbly. Add ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, tossing to coat in flour.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 egg, ½ cup heavy cream, and 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives.
4) Add the wet ingredients and bacon to the dry, using a spatula to stir the ingredients together until the dough is rough and shaggy. Turn the dough out onto a well floured work surface and knead 8-10 times or until dough just comes together.
5) Transfer dough to a greased Suvie pan and spread into an even layer. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rest for 15 minutes. Once rested, use a bench scraper or knife to cut scones into 8 slices or triangles. Place the pan in the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: None
6) After the cook, allow scones to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 250, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 270mg, Total Protein 7g.