We’ve transformed the classic breakfast sandwich into a large format breakfast bake fit for a crowd. Schedule this meal the night before and wake up to a warm, cozy, and filling breakfast the whole family will love. We used fully cooked Spanish-style chorizo for this dish because of its lovely smoky aroma and not too spicy flavor. Swap out any fully cooked sausage based on your taste.
Cheddar, Chorizo, English Muffin Bake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 oz chorizo, chopped
- 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 English Muffins, toasted and cut into 1″ cubes
1) Whisk together 4 large eggs, 1 ½ cups milk, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper until smooth.
2) In a large bowl, toss together 8 oz chorizo, 6 oz cheese and 4 English Muffins. Transfer mixture to a greased Suvie pan. Pour egg mixture over the English muffins. Use a fork or spatula to press English muffins down to saturate. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour
3) After slow cooking, broil bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown on top (watch closely to avoid burning). Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 800mg, Total Protein 20g.