Any way you serve them, these tender little pasta pockets filled with warm melty cheese are comforting and delicious. We’ve slowly cooked our tortellini in chicken broth and aromatics for a truly flavorful yet light soup. To really make this meal bright and summer ready, we’ve finished the soup with a splash of lemon juice for a citrus kick and used fresh parsley as a garnish for a vibrant pop of color and freshness.
Chicken Broth and Cheese Tortellini Soup
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 8 oz shelf-stable cheese tortellini
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
1) Add 3 cloves garlic, ½ cup yellow onion, and 2 tbsp butter to a Suvie pan. Place pan in Suvie and broil for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
2) Remove pan from Suvie. Add 8 oz cheese tortellini and 4 cups chicken broth to the pan and stir. Load pan into the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) After cooking, remove the pan from your Suvie and stir in 2 tbsp lemon juice. To serve, divide soup between bowls and top with 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 292, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 1353mg, Total Protein 11g