Our chicken and spinach alfredo bake packs lots of flavor into one easy and delicious meal. A simple homemade alfredo sauce is the perfect poaching liquid for chicken breasts to ensure the chicken stays juicy. Al dente ziti is stirred into the sauce, topped with cheese, and broiled to a rich finish.
Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Bake
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz ziti or rigatoni
1) In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, spinach, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Microwave in 30 second intervals until spinach is defrosted and butter is melted, stirring between intervals. Stir in ¼ cup whole milk, ¼ cup Parmesan, and ¼ cup monterey jack.
2) Season chicken all over with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place chicken in a Suvie pan. Pour alfredo sauce over the chicken and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) Place 8 oz ziti in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 7 minutes
4) After the chicken has finished cooking, remove pan from Suvie. Transfer chicken to a cutting board, allowing sauce to drip back into the pan. Chop or shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
5) In a large bowl, stir together ziti, chicken, and alfredo sauce. Return to Suvie pan. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and monterey jack. Return pan to Suvie and broil for 10-12 minutes or until browned.
6) Remove from Suvie, let cool 5 minutes, and then divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 470, Total Fat 29g, Total Carbohydrates 18g, Total Sodium 660mg, Total Protein 34g.
Looking forward to trying this one. Pasta is huge at our house