This recipe for slow cooked chicken thighs is filled with fragrant flavor. Turmeric, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes bring earthy, warm, and spicy notes to this rich dish. Pomegranate molasses adds just the right amount of sweetness, which is balanced out by a splash of fresh lemon juice. Serve this dish with warm naan or flatbread on the side for soaking up that delicious sauce.
Chicken with Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup pomegranate molasses
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 pieces naan or flatbread, to serve
1) In a large bowl, stir together chicken, onion, olive oil, 1 tsp salt, turmeric, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, garlic, pomegranate molasses, and ¼ cup water.
2) Transfer mixture to a Suvie pan. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) After the cook, broil chicken for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until fragrant.
4) Remove pan from Suvie and stir in lemon juice. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Divide mixture between plates and serve with warm naan on the side.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 520, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 66g, Total Sodium 1100mg, Total Protein 32g.