This Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread is like the simplest cinnamon roll you’ve ever made, but easier because this pull-apart pastry comes together with only 4 ingredients. It can be a fun way for the little monkeys in your life to help out in the kitchen–kids will love dipping dough squares into melted butter and coating them in cinnamon sugar almost as much as they’ll love pulling apart and tasting this ooey gooey, sticky-sweet treat. Warm dough can get unmanageably sticky, so handling is easiest when it’s kept refrigerated until just before using, and a pizza cutter works great for cutting the squares.
Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
- 16 oz pizza dough
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, melted
1) Grease a Suvie pan. Pat pizza dough into an 8″ x 4″ rectangle and cut into 1” squares.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Working in batches to prevent dough squares from sticking together, roll dough squares in cinnamon sugar and arrange evenly in prepared Suvie pan.
3) Add melted butter to remaining cinnamon sugar left in the bowl and mix to combine. Pour mixture over top of dough and insert pan into top zone of Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook & Starch Settings
High, 2 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
4) Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool in pan for 3 minutes. Carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate, using a butter knife or offset spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of the pan if necessary. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 419, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 65g, Total Sodium 665mg, Total Protein 5g