This tried-and-true casserole is a classic dish that we can’t resist. Savory chicken, tender egg noodles, and hearty vegetables come together in a rich, creamy sauce topped with crispy, buttery cracker crumbs. This recipe can be doubled, but we recommend using regular egg noodles instead of wide to ensure they fit in the starch pan.
Classic Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (7 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 oz (2 cups) wide egg noodles
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tbsp instant tapioca
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup Ritz crackers, crumbled
1) Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and ½ tsp salt. Cook, stirring often, until softened and onions are browned, about 5 minutes.
2) Place chicken breast in Suvie pan. Add vegetable mixture, instant tapioca, and chicken broth, stirring to combine. Insert pan into top right zone of Suvie. Place egg noodles in a starch pan and insert pan into your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
3) After the cook, remove chicken breast from Suvie pan and transfer to a cutting board. Shred or cut chicken into cubes. In a large bowl, combine vegetable mixture, peas, sour cream, egg noodles, and chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Return mixture to the Suvie pan.
Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs. Insert pan into top of your Suvie and broil 2-5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking (watch carefully, as this step goes fast!).
Divide between plates and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 550, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 49g, Total Sodium 2160mg, Total Protein 30g