Sometimes you just can’t improve on the tried and true, and this meatloaf is the perfect example. Our classic meatloaf is made with meatloaf mix, which consists of beef, pork, and veal for the ideal flavor and texture. The glaze is tangy, sweet, and a little spicy, which compliments the savory meatiness of the meatloaf. You can double this recipe and split it between two pans.
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup crushed Saltine crackers, about 17 crackers
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 lbs ground meatloaf mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
1) Stir together ½ cup chopped onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 2 tsp vegetable oil in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 15 minutes or until softened.
2) In a large bowl, stir together ⅔ cup crushed Saltines and ⅓ cup milk until pasty and thick, mashing slightly. Add 2 lbs meatloaf mix, 2 eggs, 1 tsp thyme, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and broiled onion mixture, stirring together with your hands to combine.
3) Transfer mixture to a greased Suvie pan. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 375°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: None
4) Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, stir together ½ cup ketchup, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp cider vinegar, and ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper; set aside.
5) After the meatloaf has roasted, remove from Suvie and pour off liquid from Pan. Brush half the glaze over the meatloaf. Rotate pan and return to Suvie. Broil for 10 minutes, or until glaze is fragrant and browned.
6) Remove pan from Suvie and brush remaining glaze over the top of the meatloaf. Allow meatloaf to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 600mg, Total Protein 23g.