We love cocoa nibs because they are intensely flavorful without being too sweet. In this recipe, the nibs’ slight bitterness is a welcome addition to these cookie bars. Tropical coconut pairs well with the cocoa nibs. We use both shredded, unsweetened coconut as well as coconut oil to infuse multiple layers of coconut flavor into each bite. If desired, butter or canola oil can be substituted for the coconut oil.
Cocoa Nib and Coconut Cookie Bars
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa nibs
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment, allowing parchment to fold over the sides of the pan. In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
2) In a large bowl whisk together coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, whisking to incorporate.
3) Stir dry ingredients into wet until just combined. Fold in cocoa nibs and coconut (mixture may be crumbly).
Transfer dough to prepared pan, pressing dough evenly into the corners. Insert pan into the top of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 2 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
4) After the cook, let bars cool 10 minutes in the pan before lifting out with parchment sling. Cut into bars and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Total Sodium 160mg, Total Protein 4g