These high-protein, low-fat turkey meatballs are filled with aromatic garlic and ginger for a hearty yet incredibly fresh flavor. We serve the meatballs over a bed of basmati rice along with a coconut curry made from broiled aromatics and red curry paste. These meatballs could also be enjoyed over roasted vegetables or as a soup with a crusty piece of bread. For a creamier sauce, puree the curry in a blender on medium speed for 30 seconds.
Coconut Curry Turkey Meatballs
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, grated, divided
- 2 (1-inch) pieces ginger, grated, divided
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup full fat coconut cream
- 1 lime
1) Place 1 cup basmati rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Cover pot with the lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Long Grain, 1 cup
2) In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup onion, 2 cloves garlic, ginger, 2 tbsp red curry paste, and 2 tbsp butter. Add mixture to a Suvie pan and insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie. Broil for 15 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
3) While the onions are broiling, mix together 1 lb ground turkey, remaining garlic, remaining ginger, 2 tbsp cilantro, 2 tsp fish sauce, 1 egg, and ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Add meatballs to a greased Suvie pan.
4) Remove onion mixture from Suvie and add 1 cup chicken broth, ½ cup coconut cream, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Stir contents together and insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie. Insert the meatballs into the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 35 minutes
5) Remove rice from Suvie Starch Cooker, fluff with a fork, and divide between plates. After roasting, broil meatballs for 5 minutes if desired.
6) Remove pans from Suvie and season curry with juice from 1 lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide rice, meatballs, and curry between plates and top with 2 tbsp cilantro.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 547, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 664mg, Total Protein 31g