Crushed cornflakes make an amazing coating for baked chicken cutlets. Cornflakes maintain much of their crispity-crunchity appeal even when adhered to moisture-rich ingredients like marinated chicken (unlike bread or cracker crumbs which may get soggy when baking). Elevating the cutlets using the roasting racks is another ‘feather in the cap’ for crispier baked chicken, allowing for greater air circulation. The roasted red pepper ranch cross utilizes many of the same ingredients found in the chicken marinade, cutting down on overall ingredients and prep!
Cornflake Chicken Cutlets with Roasted Red Pepper Ranch
- 3 cups cornflakes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tsps onion powder
- 1 ½ tsps garlic powder
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp diced dill pickles with juice
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 4 thin chicken breast cutlets
1) Place 3 cups of cornflakes in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until crushed and moderately ground, about 10 pulses. Transfer the crushed cornflakes to a large bowl and set aside.
2) Place ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ cup sour, 1 ½ tsps onion powder, 1 ½ tsps garlic powder, ½ cup diced peppers, 2 tbsp diced pickles, 1 tsp chives, 1 tsp dill, and 2 tbsp parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Remove ¼ cup of the dressing and place in a medium bowl, refrigerate the remaining dressing until ready to serve. Add 1 egg to the ¼ cup dressing and whisk to combine the marinade. Coat chicken in the marinade, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4) Remove the chicken breasts from the refrigerator and coat in the crushed cornflakes, gently pressing with your hands to adhere. Place two Suvie roasting racks into two Suvie pans and lightly grease with cooking spray. Divide breaded chicken between the pans and place in your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 350°F for 15 minutes
5) After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie. Divide chicken between 4 plates (slicing into strips as an option) and serve with dressing on the side or drizzled over the cutlets. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 522, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Total Sodium 656mg, Total Protein 56g.