There is no better summer meal than seafood and a bright vinaigrette salad. Buying pre-made crab cakes takes the fuss out of this meal, making it weeknight-easy. The farro in the salad is hearty enough to complete the meal while the lemon vinaigrette gives it a fresh kick that goes perfectly with the crab cakes. Garnish with a few slices of lemon and you’re all set for a dynamite dinner.
Crab Cakes with Summer Farro Salad
- 4 large pre-made crab cakes
- ½ cup farro
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp pre-made lemon vinaigrette (or more to taste)
- ½ an avocado, sliced lengthwise
- 2 lemon wedges
1) Vacuum seal the crab cakes using your vacuum sealer (use the lowest setting to protect the shape of the cakes). Place crab cakes in a Suvie pan, cover completely with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 145°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place farro in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Farro, 30 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the crab cakes from the pan, reshape them into round cakes if they’ve become misshapen in the cooking process. Dry pan and place the Suvie roasting rack in the pan (handles facing down). Place crab cakes on the pan and brush lightly with olive oil.
4) Return pan to Suvie. Broil for 10-15 minutes flipping halfway through until crab cakes are browned (watch closely to ensure the crab cakes don’t burn). Remove farro from the Suvie Starch Cooker and drain thoroughly. While the crab cakes broil, combine arugula, tomatoes, and farro in a large mixing bowl.
5) Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Season to taste and top with sliced avocado. When the crab cakes are browned, remove from Suvie.
6) Split the farro salad between two plates and top with crab cakes. Serve with lemon wedges for garnish. Enjoy!