This creamy dreamy mac and cheese is flavored with a tangy, herbaceous mix of ranch seasoning. The pasta cooks until perfectly tender in the Suvie Starch Cooker, while the cheese sauce is prepared on the stovetop. Our three ingredient cheese sauce comes together thanks to the emulsifiers found in American cheese which work to thicken the sauce without a bechamel. We recommend purchasing a block of American from the deli counter instead of using pre-cut slices; do not substitute the American cheese for another type.
Creamy Ranch Mac and Cheese
- 10 oz macaroni or similar pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz shredded American cheese
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp minced fresh chives
1) Place 10 oz elbow macaroni in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
2) When there are 10 minutes left on the macaroni, heat 1 cup milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Whisk in 4 oz shredded American cheese and cook until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
3) Remove pot from heat and whisk in 4 oz cheddar cheese until smooth. Cover pot and set aside.
4) When the pasta is done cooking, drain thoroughly and add to the cheese mixture with 1 packet ranch seasoning, stirring to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and top with 2 tsp minced chives.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 510, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 58g, Total Sodium 1500mg, Total Protein 23g.