This tangy, yet creamy sauce is delicious and easy to make. Ricotta, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese only need a 20 minute roast to transform into a velvety sauce. We pour the sauce over pasta (we used elbow macaroni, but any extruded shape will do) and serve with juicy chicken breasts. We prefer bone-in, skin-on breasts because they retain moisture and flavor better than boneless, skinless breasts.
Creamy Tomato Chicken with Pasta and Spinach
- 2 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 6 oz pasta
1) Pat chicken breasts dry and then drizzle with 1 tbsp oil from jar of sundried tomatoes. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp garlic powder, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Season chicken evenly with the spice rub and arrange in a Suvie pan. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie.
2) In a second Suvie pan, stir together 1 cup ricotta, ½ cup Parmesan, ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, and 3 cups spinach until combined. Place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 375°F for 40 minutes
3) Place 6 oz pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 3 cups, 10 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta, and stir to combine.
5) Chop or shred chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding the bones. Stir chicken into the pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 630, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 45g, Total Sodium 980mg, Total Protein 70g.