Chicken breast is often the go-to for many dinners, however, skin-on chicken breast rarely graces our plates. With Suvie you can have perfectly cooked chicken and crispy skin all in one. We sous vide the chicken breasts leaving them tender and finish by coating the chicken skin in a herbed butter then broiling until crisp. The chicken matched with a light salad and wholesome wild rice is the ideal dinner for when you want to try something a little different.
Crispy Chicken Breast with Wild Rice, Cranberry and Apple Salad
- 2 skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small apple
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp vinaigrette
1) Season chicken breasts generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place chicken breasts and 2 tbsp olive oil in a vacuum seal bag, making sure chicken breasts are coated with oil. Vacuum seal chicken and place in a Suvie pan. Fill pan with water and load into bottom zone of Suvie. Enter cook settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155˚F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 1 cup wild rice in the Suvie rice pot (black handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Rice, Wild, 1 Cup
3) During the cook stir together the minced garlic, softened butter, lemon zest, and fresh thyme. Set aside at room temperature.
4) After the cook, remove the chicken breasts from Suvie. Pat the chicken and pan dry with paper towels. Return chicken, skin side up, to Suvie pan (if using Suvie 3.0, you may want to elevate the chicken on the roasting rack for best results).
5) Brush the butter mixture over each of the chicken breasts. Return chicken to Suvie and broil for 10-15 minutes or until skin is crisp.
6) While the chicken broils, prepare the salad. Thinly slice the apple. Coarsely chop the pecans. Toss the spinach with 2 tbsp vinaigrette in a large bowl. Sprinkle the apple slices, walnuts, and cranberries over the spinach.
7) Drizzle 1 tsp lemon juice over the wild rice, mix and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the salad and rice between two plates, top each with a chicken breast, and serve.