Transport yourself to a Parisian bistro with this spin on a classic french sandwich. We’ve added a simple and light arugula salad to balance the rich and decadent pork chop. Put a sunny-side up egg on top of the cheese and turn this dish into a Croque Madame. Keep it simple and check out our pre-seasoned vacuum-packed boneless pork chops in our protein box!
Croque Monsieur Style Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 oz shredded swiss cheese
- 4 oz arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tbsp
1) Oil and season pork chops and vacuum seal (here’s our DIY vacuum sealing guide). Place in Suvie pan and load into upper right cooking zone. Cover with water.
2) Put potatoes in starch pan and load into bottom right zone.
3) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings, and Cook Now.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 140°F, 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 35 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pork chops from Suvie pan and bag, pat pan and pork dry, and return to pan. Rub ½ tablespoon dijon mustard on each pork chop, top each chop with one slice prosciutto, and divide the cheese evenly between all four pork chops. Return pan to upper right cooking zone.
5) Remove potatoes from starch pan, cut in half lengthwise (careful, will still be hot), and transfer to a clean Suvie pan. Drizzle oil over potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Place pan in upper left cooking zone. Broil pork chops and potatoes for 7-10 minutes, until golden brown.
6) During broil, gently toss arugula with lemon juice and season.
7) After the broil, remove pork chops and potatoes from Suvie.
8) To serve, divide arugula and potatoes between four plates and top with pork chop.
Alternative Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, and sear seasoned pork chops 3-4 minutes each side, until browned. Transfer to a 400°F oven for about 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from oven, rub with mustard, top with prosciutto and cheese, and broil on low 7-10 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Cut potatoes in half, drizzle with oil and season. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet and roast in 400°F oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Gently toss arugula with lemon juice and season.
- To serve, divide arugula and potatoes between four plates and top with pork chop.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 347, Total Fat 18g, Total Carbohydrates 15g, Total Sodium 950mg, Total Protein 31g