This delicious breakfast dish is ideal when you have a couple bagels sitting around past their prime. Instead of letting them go to waste, cut the bagels into pieces, slow cook them with eggs, cheese, and tomatoes, and then broil to a golden finish. We use two types of cheese in this recipe: cream cheese for creaminess and fontina for pungency. Be sure to fully saturate the bagels in the egg mixture to ensure that they cook evenly.
Everything Bagel Breakfast Bake
- 4 large eggs
- 2 scallions, finely chopped, greens separated from whites
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 ½ cups milk, any percentage
- 2 stale everything bagels, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated fontina or gruyere
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, scallion whites, mustard powder, milk, and 1½ tsp salt until smooth.
Add the bagel pieces, tomatoes and grated fontina, stirring to incorporate.
2) Pour bagel mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down on bagels to submerge.
Scatter cream cheese pieces over the top of the bagels.
Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 1 hour
3) After the cook, broil for 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until browned and fragrant.
4) Remove pan from your Suvie, cut into slices, and serve with a sprinkle of scallion greens.
Alternative Cooking Instructions:
- To make this recipe in the oven, spray an 8×8″metal pan with cooking spray and heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, scallion whites, mustard powder, milk, and 1½ tsp salt until smooth. Add the bagel pieces, tomatoes and grated fontina, stirring to incorporate.
- Pour bagel mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down on bagels to submerge. Scatter cream cheese pieces over the top of the bagels.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on Low for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 449, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Total Sodium 1290mg, Total Protein 28g