This recipe for garlic herb chicken could not be more delicious or easy to make. A simple marinade of olive oil, thyme, garlic, and lemon zest infuses the chicken with flavor as it cooks. We reserve some of the marinade to use as a punchy, herbaceous dressing that is drizzled on just before serving. A finishing shower of chopped herbs adds a double dose of fresh flavor. Serve your chicken with a simple side salad as we have done here, or serve alongside freshly cooked pasta or rice.
Garlic Herb Chicken Breasts
- 2 (7 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ tsp fresh lemon zest, plus 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups spinach or arugula, optional
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill or parsley
1) Stir olive oil, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, 1 tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper together in a small bowl. Set 1 tbsp of mixture aside in a medium bowl.
2) Pat chicken breasts dry and rub garlic herb mixture all over. Transfer breasts to a vacuum bag and seal (here is our DIY guide). Place chicken breasts in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 155°F for 1 hour
3) After the cook, remove chicken from packaging and cut into slices. Whisk lemon juice into reserved herb mixture.
4) Divide spinach and chicken between plates. Drizzle dressing over both servings and garnish with dill or parsley. Serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 155°F for 1 hour”
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 410, Total Fat 27g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 1050mg, Total Protein 43g