This recipe was crafted for all the ginger lovers out there! Especially for the fans of sweet treats like gingerbread and gingersnaps. This recipe combines all of those tell-tale ginger-themed ingredients, and flavors, with smooth, creamy cheesecake. Our cheesecake base utilizes crushed gingersnap cookies instead of the traditional graham cracker crumbs. A gingerbread batter made of brown sugar, molasses, and baking spices, is swirled into the vanilla cheesecake filling right before cooking. This recipe is a taste of the holidays no matter the time of year.
- 8 tbsp butter melted, plus 2 tbsp divided
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
1) In a large bowl, stir together 8 tbsp melted butter and 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies until combined and crumbly.
2) Line a Suvie pan with aluminum foil, making sure the foil extends beyond the two long sides of the pan. Lightly grease the pan with cooking spray.
3) Transfer the gingersnap mixture to the prepared pan, pressing down to form a compact, even layer. Place the pan in the top zone of your Suvie and broil for 5-7 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking. Once the crust has par-baked, remove the pan, and set aside to rest while you prepare the filling.
4) Place 2 packages cream cheese, ⅓ cup granulated sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until combined. Add 2 eggs and continue to blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes more.
5) Pour the mixture over the prepared crust and spread out in an even layer. Set the pan aside while you prepare the gingerbread swirl.
6) In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 tbsp melted butter, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup molasses, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp cinnamon, and ⅛ tsp cloves, whisking until blended.
7) Dollop the gingerbread mixture on top of the cheesecake. Using a knife or skewer, swirl the two together to create an attractive pattern. Insert the pan into the top zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on Low for 2 hours
8) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or until set. To serve, carefully lift the cheesecake from the pan and cut into squares.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 439, Total Fat 33g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 339mg, Total Protein 6g.