Turns out roulades aren’t just for dessert! This take on a steak roulade is easy to prepare and will be sure to impress any guest. Swirled inside you’ll find a deliciously melty mix of gooey gouda cheese, roasted red peppers, and bright green onions. After the cook, be sure to let your roulade rest before slicing to ensure the meat holds on to all of the filling.
Gouda Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Steak Roulade
- 1 ½ pound flank steak, butterflied and pounded ¼” thick
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 8 oz gouda cheese, sliced ⅛” thick or less
- ½ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 10 oz green beans
1) Lay the steak flat on a cutting board, and season with salt, pepper, and ½ tsp garlic powder. Evenly distribute ¼ cup finely chopped green onions over the steak.
2) Lay 8 oz gouda cheese slices over the green onions and top with ½ cup sliced roasted red peppers.
3) Starting with the short side, gently roll the steak to the opposite edge, ensuring the filling does not spill out of the sides of the roll. Place the meat seam-side down in a Suvie pan.
4) Add 10 oz green beans to another Suvie pan, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Load the steak roulade into the bottom of your Suvie and load the green beans into the top, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 40 minutes
Top Zone: Broil for 10 minutes
6) After the cook, remove the pans from your Suvie. Let the roulade rest 5-10 minutes before slicing. To serve, divide the steak and green beans between plates and garnish with green onion.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 503, Total Fat 29.2g, Total Carbohydrates 5.5g, Total Sodium 620.5mg, Total Protein 51.9g