Green bean casserole is a must on our Thanksgiving table, so we’ve decided to save valuable oven space and let our Suvie do the work! Made with fresh green beans, this casserole is a harmonious mix of crisp and vibrant vegetables with an ultra creamy and comforting sauce. For an extra crunch, try adding your favorite nut to the topping, such as slivered almonds or chopped walnuts.
Green Bean Casserole
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 (10.5 oz) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 oz fresh green beans
- 1 cup fried onions
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together 2 tbsp oil, ½ yellow onion, 3 cloves garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Load pan into the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes.
2) During the broil, bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a medium pot. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Add 12 oz green beans to the pot and boil 2-3 minutes. Immediately transfer green beans to the ice bath.
3) After the broil, add 1 can cream of mushroom soup and ¼ cup cheddar cheese to the pan and stir. Gently fold in green beans, and load the pan into the bottom of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now. When only 10 minutes remain in the bake, top the casserole with the remaining cheese and 1 cup fried onions.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 0 minutes
4) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie, and divide the green bean casserole between plates.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 160, Total Fat 9.5g, Total Carbohydrates 12.6g, Total Sodium 492.8mg, Total Protein 3.6g