Simplify your meal planning this week with our super fast 5 minute prep loaded sweet potato. This dish plays with the balance of sweet and savory, and even throws in a little kick at the end. Feel free to choose the level of heat that suits you when it comes to the green chilies. Look for sweet potatoes that are less than 2 ½ inches in diameter or cut the potatoes in half to ensure they fit in your Suvie.
[recipe title=”Green Chili Black Bean Loaded Sweet Potatoes” servings=”2″ time=”5 minutes” difficulty=”5 hours”]
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 packet Kevin’s Cilantro Lime Sauce or similar, warmed
- 2 oz queso fresco, crumbled
1) Place 2 sweet potatoes in a Suvie pan and load into bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Add 1 can black beans, 1 can green chilies, and 1/2 cup broth to a second Suvie pan and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Load pan into top zone. Enter cook settings and Cook Now or Schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High, 4 hours
3) Place 1/2 cup quinoa in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and cover pot with lid. Place pot inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Quinoa, 1/2 cup
4) After the cook, remove sweet potatoes, bean mix, and quinoa from Suvie. Season bean mix and quinoa with salt and pepper to taste.
5) To serve, divide sweet potatoes between two plates. Cut open potatoes, and season insides with salt and pepper. Top each sweet potato with quinoa, black beans, and cilantro lime sauce. Garnish with queso fresco and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 504, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 74g, Total Sodium 1002mg, Total Protein 19g