Simplify your meal planning this week with our super fast 5 minute prep loaded sweet potato. This dish plays with the balance of sweet and savory, and even throws in a little kick at the end. Feel free to choose the level of heat that suits you when it comes to the green chilies. Look for sweet potatoes that are less than 2 ½ inches in diameter or cut the potatoes in half to ensure they fit in your Suvie.
Green Chili Black Bean Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 (15 ½ oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 packet Kevin’s Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 2 oz queso fresco, crumbled
1) Place sweet potatoes in a Suvie pan and load into upper right cooking zone.
2) Add black beans, green chilies, and broth to another Suvie pan and stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Load pan into upper left cooking zone.
3) Add quinoa to starch pan and load into Suvie.
4) Place sauce packet in sauce warming tray and load into lower left cooking zone.
5) Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 4 hours
Starch: 10 minutes
6) After the cook, remove sweet potatoes, bean mix, quinoa, and sauce from Suvie. Season bean mix and quinoa with salt and pepper to taste.
7) To serve, divide sweet potatoes between two plates. Cut open potatoes, and top with quinoa, black beans, and cilantro lime sauce. Garnish with queso fresco.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 504, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 74g, Total Sodium 1002mg, Total Protein 19g