Hasselback potatoes give you the best of both worlds so that you never have to choose. This dish delivers crispy potato on top and fluffy baked potato on the bottom. The key to a flavorful potato is to get lots of oil, salt, and pepper in between each slice. We serve these potatoes with herbs, but you could load them up with sour cream, scallions, bacon bits, and shredded cheese too if you prefer.
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp minced fresh herbs
1) Arrange potatoes on a cutting board and cut thin slices crosswise into the potato, stopping short of the bottom so that the potato stays intact. To help, you can place two large chopsticks or wood spoons on either side of the potato to create a buffer so that you don’t cut all the way through. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and transfer to a Suvie pan.
2) Rub potatoes all over with half the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in the top of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 60 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 60 minutes
3) After 30 minutes, remove potatoes from Suvie and brush with remaining oil, pulling slices apart gently to ensure you get oil between each slice. Sprinkle interior or potatoes with salt and pepper. Return to Suvie.
4) After the cook, remove potatoes from Suvie, sprinkle with herbs, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 230, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 26g, Total Sodium 300mg, Total Protein 3g.