This classic recipe is the ideal cold weather meal. Rich chicken thighs are slow cooked with tomatoes, mirepoix, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes until tender and shreddable. We serve the hearty chicken ragout over buttered noodles for a delicious dish the whole family will love.
Hearty Chicken Ragout with Buttered Noodles
- 1 (14 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley or basil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Transfer 1 can tomatoes to a Suvie pan. Use your hands to squeeze and break up the tomatoes. Add ½ cup carrots, ½ cup white onion, ½ cup celery, 2 garlic cloves, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, 2 tsp kosher salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper, stirring to incorporate.
2) Season 2 lbs chicken thighs with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place chicken and thyme sprigs in the Suvie pan with the vegetables. Place pan in Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High for 4 hours
3) Place 8 oz egg noodles in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with a lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Strainer, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 8 minutes
4) Once the pasta has finished cooking, transfer to a large bowl with 2 tbsp butter and stir to melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Remove pan from Suvie. Shred chicken with forks and stir in 1 tsp red wine vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide pasta between plates, top with chicken ragout and garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 660, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 57g, Total Sodium 500mg, Total Protein 58g.