We love to sous vide carrots because the constant water temperature transforms these standard grocery store vegetables into tender, sweet morsels with just a hint of crunch. A quick broil at the end of cooking caramelizes the sugars, adding additional browning and flavor. We like to serve our herby carrots on top of a little cooling yogurt for textural and flavor contrast, but you can omit it if you like.
Herby Sous Vide Carrots
- 1 lb carrots, scrubbed, halved, and cut into 2″ lengths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley or dill
- 1/2 cup yogurt, optional
1) Place carrots, olive oil, sugar, thyme, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper in a vacuum bag. Vacuum seal and place in a Suvie pan. Fill pan with water to cover and insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Top Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
2) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie and pour off water. Dry pan and empty carrots and liquid into the pan, discarding rosemary sprigs. Return pan to your Suvie and broil 10 minutes until fragrant.
3) Spread yogurt on a serving platter if using. Arrange carrots on top of the yogurt. Sprinkle carrots with herbs just before serving.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 175°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe) without yogurt: Calories 110, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 660mg, Total Protein 1g