Cooking pasta is easy with the Suvie Starch Cooker. From fusilli to orecchiette to ziti, you can cook any variety of dried pasta with Suvie. Follow the steps below to make simple pasta with marinara, or use sauce of your choice.
How to Cook Pasta with the Suvie Starch Cooker
- 8 oz cavatappi, penne, or gemelli pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed, optional
1) Fill the water reservoir located on top of the Suvie Starch Cooker to the 3 liter line.
2) Place 8 oz pasta in the strainer insert, place strainer insert into the pasta pot (green handles), and place the pot lid on top of the pot.
3) Lift the door to the Suvie starch cooker. Place the pasta pot on the hot plate inside with the handle facing the back of the appliance. Close the door to the starch cooker.
4) Select “Cook” on the display screen of the appliance and select “Pasta”. Choose your cook time based on the box instructions. Ensure the drain tray is in place and hit “Cook” or “Schedule”.
5) After your pasta is done cooking, Suvie will keep it warm until you’re ready to eat. Carefully remove the drain tray and pour off water. Remove strainer insert and pour off water from the bottom of the pasta pot.
6) Stir pasta together with warm marinara sauce, divide between bowls, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 220, Total Fat 2g, Total Carbohydrates 43g, Total Sodium 90mg, Total Protein 9g.