This 30 minute meal is perfect for those of you who love spicy jalapeño poppers and herb-roasted chicken. In this recipe, cheddar cheese and red and green jalapeños are stuffed hasselback-style into boneless skinless chicken breasts. The chicken is rubbed in a blend of ranch seasoning, paprika, and cumin for flavor in every bite. The stuffed chicken breasts are roasted on a bed of buttery corn until golden brown and cheesy.
Jalapeño Cheddar Ranch Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning blend
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, cut into 8 thin slices
- 1 red jalapeño or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1) Pat 2 chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Cut 4 deep slits into each chicken breast, about 1 inch apart, being careful not to slice all the way through. Season the chicken with 1 tbsp ranch seasoning, ½ tsp paprika, and ½ tsp cumin, rubbing the seasoning into each of the slits.
2) Stuff each of the 8 slits with 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 slice of red jalapeño, and 1 slice of green jalapeño.
3) Spread 1 ½ cups corn kernels out in an even layer in a Suvie pan. Top corn with 2 tbsp salted butter and season with a pinch of black pepper. Top corn with stuffed chicken breasts and place in the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
4) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Divide the chicken and corn between 2 plates and garnish with 1 tbsp of chopped parsley before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 445, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 531mg, Total Protein 33g.