This Spanish inspired rice dish calls Louisiana home, but there’s no need to leave your kitchen for a hearty bowl of Cajun goodness. We’ve packed in extra veggies by swapping some of the rice for cauliflower rice, and we promise no one will be the wiser. Use a store bought Cajun seasoning blend or make your own by mixing 2 tbsp paprika, 2 tbsp kosher salt, 2 tbsp garlic powder, 1 ½ tbsp dried oregano, 1 tbsp dried thyme, 1 tbsp fresh ground pepper, 1 tbsp onion powder, and 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
Jambalaya with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb large (26-30 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz andouille sausage, cut into ½” thick slices
- 8 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 8 oz jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup roughly chopped red pepper
- ½ cup roughly chopped green pepper
- ½ cup roughly chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- ½ cup roughly chopped green onions
1) In a large bowl with a spatula, combine shrimp, sausage, cauliflower rice, rice, crushed tomatoes, broth, onion, peppers, celery, garlic, and cajun seasoning. Divide mixture evenly between two Suvie pans. Load pans into your Suvie.
2) Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) After the cook, stir jambalaya, season to taste with salt and pepper, and divide between bowls. Top with green onions.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.