We’re taking our egg bites to Switzerland with this simple and delicious recipe. Tender sauteed leeks, rich Gruyere cheese, eggs, and cottage cheese are sous vide until custardy in texture. Enjoy as is, or sandwich them between English muffins or croissants to take your bites on the go.
Leek & Gruyere Egg Bites
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small leek, white section only, thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup full fat cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup grated Gruyere
1) In a small skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Stir in 1 sliced leek and saute until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) In a blender or food processor, combine 3 large eggs, ⅓ cup cottage cheese, ⅓ cup shredded Gruyere, and ¼ tsp ground black pepper. Blend on high for 1 minute, or until combined.
3) Meanwhile, spray a Suvie egg tray with cooking spray and place inside a Suvie pan. Divide leek evenly between the 4 cups. Pour egg bite mixture evenly over the filling and then tap pan on counter to release any air bubbles.
4) Fill the pan with as much water as possible and then place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
4) After cooking, carefully remove pan from Suvie. Pour off water and gently lift egg tray out of the pan. Invert the egg bites onto a cutting board. Serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 140, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 480mg, Total Protein 12g.