This salad has a variety of textures and flavors to keep things interesting – no sad salads here! Creamy avocado, crunchy radish, tender green beans, and crisp lettuce pair perfectly with juicy sous vide chicken. An easy homemade vinaigrette ties everything together and elevates this collection of humble vegetables to a dish worthy of being called dinner.
Lemon Herb Chicken Salad
For the Salad
- 2 (7 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, vacuum sealed
- 4 oz green beans, cut in half
- 4 cups mixed fresh greens or mesclun mix
- 4 large radishes, quartered
- ½ ripe avocado, cubed
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced thyme leaves
1) Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place green beans in a separate Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 155°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) While the chicken cooks, prepare the dressing. Combine lemon juice and minced garlic in a medium bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the Dijon mustard, olive oil, and thyme, and whisk to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove from packaging and cut into ½-inch thick pieces. Divide mixed greens between plates and drizzle with 1 tbsp dressing. Top greens with chicken, green beans, radish, and avocado. Drizzle more dressing over each serving.
To make this meal on the stovetop, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side until cooked through (160°F with an instant-read thermometer). Remove chicken from the pan and add the green beans. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk dressing ingredients together. Divide mesclun mix, radishes, avocado, and green beans between plates. Shred chicken and divide between plates. Season with dressing and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 1150mg, Total Protein 46g