This rich and lemony pound cake is versatile enough to be served for breakfast or dessert. Ample amounts of lemon juice, lemon zest, and sour cream add the right amount of tang to complement the sweetness of the cake. To finish, a tangy sweet glaze doubles down on the sweet and sour vibes in this classic dish.
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsps fresh lemon zest from 1-2 lemons
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment so that parchment hangs over the edge of the pan. In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat sugar and softened butter together on medium-high until light and airy, about 5 minutes.
3) Add eggs and lemon zest, and beat to incorporate, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add sour cream and lemon juice and beat for 1 minute.
4) Reduce mixer to low and slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl. Transfer batter to prepared pan and insert into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 250°F for 60 minutes
5) After the cook, remove lemon cake from Suvie and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Using parchment as a sling, lift cake out of pan and transfer to a drying rack. Cool completely.
6) Whisk 1 tbsp lemon juice and powdered sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake, cut into pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 470, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 69g, Total Sodium 240mg, Total Protein 7g.