These savory and spicy chicken drumsticks are a delicious addition to your weekly recipe repertoire. The drumsticks are marinated and cooked, sous vide, in a mixture of chili pepper, lemongrass, garlic, vinegar, and sesame oil. After the sous vide session, the drumsticks are broiled until golden brown. The dish is finished with a vibrant topping of cilantro, roasted peanuts, shallots, and coconut flakes.
Lemongrass Chili Drumsticks with Cilantro-Peanut Topping
- 1 tbsp fresh lemongrass, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1) Place lemongrass, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, sugar, and chili peppers in a medium bowl and stir to combine the marinade.
2) Place drumsticks and marinade in a vacuum seal bag. Vacuum seal drumsticks using a vacuum sealer or with our DIY vacuum sealing guide. Place sealed drumsticks in a Suvie pan and place in the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule
My Cook > Multi-Zone Setting
Protein 160°F, 1 hour and 30 minutes
Starch 0 minutes
Vegetable 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie. Drain excess water from the pan, remove drumsticks from the bag, and pour the leftover drippings (from inside the bag) into a bowl. Set the sauce aside. Return drumsticks to the protein pan.
4) Broil drumsticks for 10 minutes, turn over, and broil for another 10 minutes or until browned.
5) Divide drumsticks between 4 plates and top with cilantro, shallots, peanuts, and coconut flakes. Serve with dipping sauce and lime wedges on the side.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 585, Total Fat 30g, Total Carbohydrates 8g, Total Sodium 478mg, Total Protein 67g.