This easy and delicious meal is light, bright, and bursting with flavor. Lemon, herbs, and butter are a classic combination that takes ho-hum chicken breasts from good to great. A touch of cornstarch adds a little body to the sauce. Serve the chicken over rice, pasta, salad greens, or any side of your choosing (for extra sauce that you can spoon over your sides, we recommend doubling the ingredients for the sauce).
Lemony Roast Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives, parsley, or tarragon
1) Pat chicken breasts dry and season all over with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
2) In a small bowl, stir together 1 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp minced fresh thyme, 2 tbsp melted butter, and ½ tsp cornstarch. Place chicken in a Suvie pan and pour the lemon herb butter over and around the chicken, turning to coat. Place the pan in the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now or schedule.
(Note: for ½-inch chicken breasts we recommend 20 minutes and up to 30 minutes for chicken breasts over 1-inch).
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 350°F for 20-30 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) After the cook has finished, transfer chicken to a cutting board. Stir 1 tsp fresh lemon juice into pan sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Slice chicken into pieces and divide between plates. Pour sauce over the chicken, garnish with herbs and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 17g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 90mg, Total Protein 45g.