Wrap up in a blanket and envelope yourself in the mouth-watering aroma of our lentil chili while it slowly simmers away in your Suvie without any effort required. This chili is not only vegan, but is also simple and delicious with hints of smoke and heat. And to top it all off, it’s incredibly nutritious and filling thanks to brown lentils and kidney beans. For a thicker consistency, mash 1 cup of the cooked mixture and stir back into the chili.
[recipe title=”Lentil Chili” servings=”6″ time=”10 minutes” difficulty=”5 hours 30 minutes”]
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup brown lentils
- ¾ cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 oz pita chips (optional)
1) In a Suvie pan, add ½ an onion, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp tomato paste, ½ tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, and ½ tsp smoked paprika. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Broil for 15 minutes, until fragrant and browned.
2) Remove the pan from your Suvie and add ¾ cup brown lentils, ¾ cup kidney beans,1 bay leaf, 2 cups vegetable broth, and 1 cup diced tomatoes. Insert the pan into the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 5 hours
3) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie, remove bay leaf, and stir chili to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide chili between bowls and serve with avocado, green onion and pita chips.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 269, Total Fat 7.8g, Total Carbohydrates 40g, Total Sodium 609.2mg, Total Protein 11.4g