This rich and luxurious stew is fragrant, flavorful, and filling – the perfect meal for a cool evening. This meal can easily be prepped in the morning and ready for you by dinnertime. Serve your Moroccan lamb stew with warm pita bread or lemony couscous.
Note: If your lamb shoulder chops have a bone, you can add it to the stew for more flavor.
Moroccan Lamb Stew with White Beans
- 1 lb lamb shoulder chops, cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cinnamon stick
1) Season lamb all over with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the lamb and sear on all sides until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer lamb to a Suvie pan.
2) Reduce heat to medium and add 1 onion and 2 celery stalks. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp coriander, ¼ tsp cayenne, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 3 cloves garlic, 1 piece minced ginger, and 1 tbsp tomato paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until tomato paste is dark red, about 1 minute.
3) Remove skillet from heat and add 1 cup chicken broth, scraping the bottom of the pan to get as much fond off the bottom as possible. Add mixture to the pan with the lamb along with remaining 2 cups chicken broth, 2 cans cannellini, 1 cup sweet potato, and 1 cinnamon stick. Place pan in bottom zone of Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 6 hours
4) Remove pan from Suvie. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 470, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbohydrates 52g, Total Sodium 1460mg, Total Protein 43g.