My Cook: Mediterranean Vegetable Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ tsp each of dried basil, dried thyme and garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup lemon vinaigrette, divided (any vinaigrette is fine)
- ⅓ cup hummus
In a Suvie pan add 2 tsp olive oil, chickpeas, spinach, basil, thyme, garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper. Mix to combine and load into upper right zone of Suvie. Place sliced bell pepper and onion in another Suvie pan with ½ tsp salt. Load into upper left zone of Suvie.
Pour quinoa and 2 tsp salt into starch pan and load into starch zone. Fill reservoir, enter My Cook > Multi-Zone settings and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 175˚F, 1 hr
Vegetable: 20 min
Starch: 12 min
After the cook, remove the chickpeas pan, the peppers and onions pan, and the starch pan from Suvie. Drain the excess water from the peppers and onions pan. Add 1 tsp olive oil to peppers and onions and season to taste, then return to Suvie. Broil for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes, cucumber, and olives. In a large mixing bowl toss the greens with 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette. Divide the greens between two bowls. Top with the quinoa and chickpea-spinach mixture. Remove peppers and onions from Suvie, add to bowls. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and hummus. Sprinkle the additional 2 tbsp lemon vinaigrette over the bowls.
Nutrition Info per Serving: Calories 720, Fat 26g, Sodium 1260mg, Carbs 97g, Protein 30g