Fresh grilled sardines are a treat, and found throughout restaurants in Portugal. Their diminutive size makes them perfect for cooking whole in Suvie. We serve our sardines with simple boiled potatoes, thinly sliced red onion, and lots of olive oil and red wine vinegar. You can double this recipe if you’d like to serve 4 people.
Portuguese Sardines with Baby Potatoes
- 4 medium sardines
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 8 oz baby potatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
1) Place baby potatoes in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Cover with a lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Enter settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Potatoes, Uncut, 35 minutes
2) Meanwhile, brush sardines with 2 tsp olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange sardines nose to tail on greased Suvie roasting racks set within Suvie pans. Place pans inside Suvie, input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes
3) Remove pans from Suvie and drain potatoes well. Divide sardines and potatoes between plates. Drizzle remaining olive oil and 2 tsp red wine vinegar over the fish and sprinkle with 1 tbsp parsley and ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 420, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Total Sodium 870mg, Total Protein 25g.